- Founded in 2012 by Rohin Dhand, Mayfair Group Investment is a leading developer, investor, and manager of healthcare, commercial, and residential properties;
- Headquartered in central Leeds, the group has completed multiple medical centre projects to date that are built with patients in mind;
- The loan from OakNorth will be used to develop the group’s new three-storey, Harehills Medical Centre, comprising of a GP surgery and pharmacy;
- Demand for medical centres continues to rise driven by the UK’s ageing population which will see the median age hit 44.9 years by 2050, up from 33.9 years in 1950.
OakNorth, the neobank for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs, has provided a £3m loan to Mayfair Group Investment, a leading developer, investor, and manager of healthcare, commercial, and residential property.
Founded in 2012 by Rohin Dhand and headquartered in Leeds city centre, the group’s mission is to create and maintain exceptional real estate that enables people, businesses, and communities to flourish. Its experienced team offers a wide-ranging solution that supports its customers from land purchase through to the opening of the new site, with its team of experts on hand during every step of the process.
The £3m loan from OakNorth will be used to develop the group’s new three-storey, Harehills Medical Centre, located along Harehills Lane in Leeds. The new state of the art, purpose-built medical centre will consist of a GP surgery, retail pharmacy and large 35-space car park, spread across a 1400 sq. m site.
Commenting on the deal, Rohin Dhand, Founder and CEO of Mayfair Group Investment, said: “We believe property development is about understanding and appreciating how buildings work and fit within their communities and what their end users want. Since our launch over a decade ago, we’ve been passionate about developing high-quality medical centres that transform the lives of patients and help practices deliver exceptional services, with our latest project along Harehills Lane fully encompassing this approach. We found the process working with OakNorth to be straightforward and transparent, with Dale and his team investing significant time and effort to get to know our business, as well as our ambitions for this latest project.”
Dale Cowdell, Director of Debt Finance at OakNorth, commented: “With a wealth of knowledge working in the UK’s real estate and healthcare markets, Rohin and his team have extensive experience in delivering high-quality residential, commercial and medical sites across the full breadth of the country. With recent figures showing the scale at which the UK’s population is ageing, the need for more medical centres is becoming more critical as time goes on. As a result, this new site is set to be a vital part of the local community in Harehills and we’re delighted to support Mayfair Group Investment with the project.”
Notes to editors
About OakNorth Bank plc
Launched in September 2015 and founded by entrepreneurs, OakNorth Bank provides fast, flexible, and accessible debt finance to the UK’s Missing Middle.
Since its launch, the bank has:
- Lent over £10b, directly helping with the creation of 40,000 new jobs and 29,000 new homes across the UK.
- Raised deposits from c.175,000 savers.
- Supported several hundred businesses across the UK with the debt finance to pursue their growth ambitions.
It is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Visit www.oaknorth.co.uk for more information.